Saturday, March 7, 2009

Radio Heart

I spend much of my work day inside of my car. Years ago, I accidentally stumbled upon 97.1 FM TALK. My life was never again the same. I remained absolutely glued to every word that was transmitted from this beautiful little station. In particular, it was the wonderful hours filled with "Frosty, Heidi, and Frank" & "The Tom Leykis Show" that especially charmed me. All sorts of life stories and advice came out of these four irreplaceable talents. CBS Radio unfortunately made the financial decision to change broadcasting formats. Now, 97.1 FM is basically like every other Top 40 station out there. Not that anything is wrong with that. Plenty of great tunes are featured here. But then again, these pop hits are all over the place. 97.1 FM TALK, you are missed. I cherish the years I shared with you.

Everything changes, whether we all like it or not. Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Laura Schlessinger now accompany throughout my work week. Indeed, my radio dial now often lands on 640 AM. While this change in my radio station of choice was cruelly forced on me, I will not deny the value of Rush and Dr. Laura. My brain has been quite busy...

Finally, let me shout it out loud - WELCOME BACK U2! For when I'm not listening to talk radio, I am in absolute ecstasy these days repeatedly listening to "No Line On The Horizon," U2s 15th studio album. I merely listened to this musical collection twice and I was hooked. Quite simply, it is no wonder why U2 is the biggest band in the world. -BTB

No comments: