Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bailey Chase

The last thing on my mind was Harrison Ford as I left a screening of the movie Crossing Over tonight. A movie dealing with immigration, family loyalty, tolerance, hate should have me thinking about some current issues. However, one thing continued to play over in my head...who was that border patrolman toward the end of the movie? I had to find out because this guys performance, even though the screen time is limited, is the among the best in the movie. Mr. Ford was doing his thing, sure Ray Liotta was good, Ashley Judd was herself, Cliff Curtis was fantastic as usual but Bailey Chase the border patroleman represented. With the brief time you spend with his character in the film you really feel the mounting frustration immigration brings. The hardships people immigrating here suffer, the lives they dream of having but are taken away so easily, the system trying to keep them out and continuing to amount a large mass of debt for our country, hateful people, is this right, is that right, etc...it is all in Bailey Chase's well executed performance. I'd give Crossing Over 3 out of 4 stars but his is a 4 star performance.
-SMG

No comments: