Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration Day Is Upon Us So Dust Off Those Gloves Son

Hello fellow Americans. Tomorrow is a huge day for this country. As a new President is sworn into office, we feel the need for change more than ever. Times are hard and they only seem to be getting harder. Spirits are low. Jobs are few and far in between. We owe ridiculous amounts of money to everyone. The state of California is thinking about giving out IOU's for our tax returns because we are deep in debt. Everyone is looking to the new guy to fix things.
So how do we choose to celebrate? We spend a meer $150 million on an inauguration party. Very sensical indeed. Does this reveal a little of what's to come? I surely hope not and am curving my thoughts toward positive outcomes. Below I have prepared a better way to celebrate and please, share your thoughts on this.
In front of the White House an empty boxing ring sits. All the national news stations are present out to snap photos and document the event. No one knows what the surprise is but a surprise has been promised. Suddenly Mike Tyson and George W. Bush appear from one side of the White House lawn. They are wearing red jumpsuits that read, "Oil Is The Ear In My Appetite" and sport black headbands. Then from the opposite side of the White House, George Forman and Barack Obama make an entrance clothed in Green Flightsuits that read, "My Fists Will Pummel The Economy Back Into Shape."
As they enter the ring, a banner from the White House balcony drops open stating, "Bush Vs. Obama." The crowd goes crazy and Bush does not hesitate. Before the bell rings he rushes Obama and sucker punches his genitals leaving him breathless against the ropes. Bush grins. The people "boo." Obama makes a quick recovery and hustles his way over to Bush, who turns just in time to catch a nasty left hook that sends him to the floor. Bush will not recover from this. The bells ring and shouts are heard across this nation's capital. Obama's hand is raised in victory by the referee and he exclaims, "That was for the people."
An uplifting victory for the American people and a inexpensive way to rally support around our new President. Consider this Inauguration Committee and President Obama, consider this.

SMG

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this idea, and I love that George Foreman is involved!
I better not get an IOU!!!

Elle said...

Creative visualization, I give you that. But completely unrealistic. Bush would obliterate Obama in a one-on-one.

Alison said...

I imagined it a little more like West Side Story but I like your idea too.
It did irritate that this was the most expensive Inauguration ever... really? Barry, come on but like the little duckling I am I will let it roll off my back as I look forward to change. Congratulations America!